The Howarth S40C is a graduate model instrument designed for intermediate to advanced level players.
Lighter in weight than our professional model oboes, the keywork on the S40C has many of the same features as a professional level instrument, with a greater variety of fingerings and trills compared to the S20C.
An ideal upgrade from our student models, the S40C will take players to advanced student level.
- Body made from Grenadilla wood (Dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Silver plated keywork
- Conservatoire (French) system
- Semi-Automatic Octaves
- 3rd Octave Key
- C-D trill key (upper and lower)
- C-C# trill key
- Forked F vent
- Left hand F key
- Ab-Bb trill key
- Ab-A trill key
- Low C-C# trill key ('Banana' key)
- Low Bb vent
- Additional Adjusting Screws
- Instrument is supplied in a Howarth Academy case with case cover, cleaning materials, cork grease and reed case
In addition to the standard model S40C, we are now able to offer the S40C with a partially lined top joint or fully synthetic top joint. Please enquire for further details and costs.
Body in African Blackwood
Choose partially lined top joint or fully synthetic top joint.