- Howarth XL Semi-Automatic System Oboe d'Amore : All wood body
Howarth XL Semi-Automatic System Oboe d'Amore : All wood body
The global success achieved by the XL Oboe inspired us to develop a complete range, including the English Horn, and most recently the Oboe d'Amore. As well as our unique tone hole structure design giving a more focussed sound, and unparalleled intonation and projection, we have also developed the keywork for improved comfort, particularly to the right-hand keys, giving the player greater dexterity. Our new range of XL bocals complement these instruments perfectly.
"In the 51 years that I have been playing my Howarth oboe d'amore, it has given me perfect service and the greatest musical pleasure." Neil Black, English Chamber Orchestra, London
The density of the Blackwood body gives a dark and powerful sound, enhancing the projection.
- Body in African Blackwood, also known as Grenadilla (dalbergia melanoxylon)
- Full Conservatoire System
- Semi-Automatic Octaves
- 3rd Octave Key
- C-D Trill Key (x 2)
- C-C# Trill Key
- Forked F vent
- Ab-Bb, Ab-A trills
- "Banana Key" - low C-C# trill
- Eb-E trill mechanism
- Articulated C# mechanism
- Metal-lined tenon sockets and sleeved tenons
- Undercut tone holes
- All necessary adjusting screws
- Adjustable thumbrest
Gold plated keywork is available as a bespoke finish to special order.